Plenty of Good Reasons to Eat Chocolate
Generally festive seasons such as Christmas, Easter and birthdays are good enough excuses for eating chocolate.
However with none of these in sight for the next five months I was looking for some guilt-free excuses for eating chocolate, and I have compiled a list to sooth my – and perhaps your – conscience.
1. It is a hot day and I cannot leave chocolate behind in the car, so I had better eat it before it melts.
2. Eating chocolate can help improve your maths. That’s according to Prof David Kennedy, director of the brain, performance and nutrition research centre at Northumbria University, and a co-author of a study which showed chocolate could be beneficial for mentally challenging tasks.
3. I am supporting the economy of a developing country in South American by eating chocolate; it is for a greater good.
4. I am eating chocolate for the fruit and nut in it.
5. Use the term sampling chocolate instead of eating. Example: I am sampling this handmade chocolate truffle.
6. If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet? Don’t they actually counteract each other?
7. A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Isn’t that handy?
8. Put “eat chocolate” at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you’ll get one thing done.
9. It’s got protein in it. “A chocolate bar has around 3-4 grams of protein.”
10. It can prolong your life. “Men who ate the most chocolate had a 47 percent lower mortality rate over 15 years than a similar group that consumed little chocolate.”
11. This chocolate bar is not mine; I am holding it for a friend.
12. Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger.
13. Q. Why is there no such organization as Chocoholics Anonymous?
A. Because no one wants to quit.